Thursday 28 August 2014

Day 2

Personal Training

Wow does this plan suck... eight weeks of Sumo deadlifts and safety bar squats. and as a regular genius I finished of my session with PIZZA all them fats and carbs are a no no but hey it my favourite food.

Okay so the over all plan is a warm up and stretch session followed by and explosive section and then 2 weights sections.

Stretching consisted of QTER, Kneeling AB Mobs  Hip Flex to hamstring. Then a movement piece Squat to stand, Glute Bridge, Inch worm complex and leg swings...This usually knackers me out on its own.

Explosive/Core Cable core over head press and med ball slams into a wall

Now the heavy stuff

Safety bar squats. this is Horrible. this contraption is like a medieval yolk that simulates a front squat. normally I'd  squat 120kg  in a high bar back squat for 5 reps. using this bar I managed 85kg for 8 reps  but gosh were they difficult. This was followed up by a 3 point row 37.5kg 8 reps fairly easy if I am honest probably need to go heavier. did that  3 times then another load of stuff.

In this section everything was 15 reps..this nearly kills me every time way to many reps for someone focused on strength but ultimately worth it. So this was a  racked kettle bell contra lateral step up...yep some big words.. basically shoulder a kettle bell and use the opposite leg to the shoulder you are holding the bell in. 15 time per a leg. straight into a dumbell bench press then into a low pulley row with D handles. all that 3 times

then I had my finisher..this is some horrid cruel thing designed to deprive you muscles of oxygen kettle bell count downs 10 - 1.

starting with 10 do 10 swings, 10 press ups then 10 squats...now 9 of each then 8 and so on and so forth all the way down to 1

finally adopt starfish or foetal position.


No comments:

Post a Comment